Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 2009 18:18:58 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?B?R8OhYm9yIEvDtnZlc2TDoW4=?= <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Chen Xu <xuchen66@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what need to upgrade?

Chen Xu escribió:
> Dear list,
>
> I have a simple question here. I have been using doc system to build my own
> documentation for a few years now. But it doesn't take a few things like
>
> My question is: do I have to upgrade building tools or just doc main structure,
> or simply css file?

Hi Chen,

I'm not totally sure what you mean, i.e. you build FreeBSD docs for
yourself or you use the FreeBSD doc infrastructure to build your own
documents not related to FreeBSD. I suppose you mean the latter. It is
hard to tell what's wrong without seeing your document and seeing the
way how you build it. The CSS file was changed some time ago. Maybe your
one is outdated?
If you use this system, you must be already experienced with DocBook. I
suggest looking at DocBook 5, which is based on XML instead of SGML.
Using DocBook 5 with the DocBook XSLT stylesheets is quite convenient
and the output is very nice if you are willing to install Java and
Apache FOP.

Regards,

--
Gabor Kovesdan