Date:      Wed, 11 May 2011 06:10:13 GMT
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-wireless@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/156904: [ath] AR9285 antenna diversity algorithm is buggy and chooses a sub-optimal antenna

The following reply was made to PR kern/156904; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/156904: [ath] AR9285 antenna diversity algorithm is buggy
 and chooses a sub-optimal antenna
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 14:04:20 +0800

 I've disabled the diversity combining algorithm for now. HEAD works
 fine now without it - cards that support fast diversity simply leave
 it enabled by default (and the hardware does it) but without the
 software changing the LNA/gain table/diversity bias configuration.

 I think the main/alt logic is mis-classifying packets. I'll do some
 further digging and reimplement things before I re-enable it.

 Adrian