Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 16:38:48 -0500
From:      Shawn Leas <poker2@northernnet.com>
To:        "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD w/ Older bios & hard drives greater than 500meg..

At 01:37 PM 9/17/97 -0500, Jonathan E. Lyons wrote:
>One more quick qeuestion,
>	 My current BSD box is a 486/66 with an older bios. I was able to salvage
>a 1 gig drive from another system and I'd like to use it in this older
>computer, but I'm affaid the bios is pretty old, and probably only supports
>drives under 500 meg, is there a work around for this?

Insulting...  FreeBSD doesn't rely on the BIOS as MicroShaft (over)DOS does.
FreeBSD will handle your drive, and recognize its TRUE geometry, and use it.
Win95 still needs the BIOS, WinNT doesn't, Linux doesn't, and FreeBSD doesn't.
(Well, at least to USE the disk, maybe to ID the disk.)

>Something like E-Zdrive for dos, but for FreeBSD?

Don't mean to be rude..  Just give the guys more credit!!!
(All sarcasm meant solely in fun, no insult intended)

Shawn