Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 23:14:22 +0100
From:      "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve@sohara.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        alex@acatysmoof.com
Subject:   Capture support for ffmpeg - patch to test

	Hi,

	I have a first working cut patch to enable capture from the bktr
and pcm devicess with ffmpeg. Currently audio and video capture are working
fine but sync slips badly, I don't know why yet. I'd like a few more people
to play with it and maybe someone can tell me how to stop the sync from
slipping.

	I have put a modified port skeleton (ffmpeg_patched.tgz) and
a separate copy of the patch in it (patch-zgrab) on ftp.sohara.org
in /pub. The change to the port is just adding the patch to files and
removing the line in Makefile setting --disable-grab as a config option).

	CAVEAT: The patch is hardcoded to PAL (I tried leaving it out
and got garbage and I didn't want to play with the ffmpeg command line
it's a two spot change (line 64 and 65 change format and frame_time - which
is in microseconds) in work/ffmpeg/libav/grab.c after running make patch
to change to NTSC or SECAM). I am all ears for good ideas to get this
more convenient - as a last resort it can be a make time define I suppose.

--
C:>WIN                                          |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                    |A Better Way To Focus The Sun