Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2005 07:26:18 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ASUS TV FM 7135 (Philips 7135) card supported by bktr(4)?

On Sat, 2005-Jan-22 13:43:10 -0600, Ryan Thompson wrote:
>I'm toying with a known-good ASUS TV FM 7135 card, which is using the
>Philips 7135 chipset (according to their web site, and the stamped chip
>on the board). Just for kicks, I've added the following to my kernel:
>Does anyone know how easily this card could be supported?

I have a Tevion tuner using the same chipset.

The bad news is that programming details do not appear to be available
from Philips and there's no official FreeBSD support.  AFAIK, the
chips are nothing like the Brooktree chips.

The good news is that there an unofficial driver at
http://download.purpe.com/ that works (for me) on 5.3.  There's also
Linux support (which may be useful for ideas).

--
Peter Jeremy