Date:      Sat, 30 Oct 1999 19:37:24 +0200
From:      Olaf Hoyer <ohoyer@fbwi.fh-wilhelmshaven.de>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems getting pcm0 to work

At 16:12 29.10.99 -0700, you wrote:

>i'm having problems getting pcm0 to find my sb 64 awe in freebsd 3.3.
>
>i have the following in my kernel config:
>
>device pcm0 at isa? port ? tty irq ? drq 1 flags 0x15
>
>bootup shows:
>
>Probing for PnP devices:
>CSN 1 Vendor ID: CTL00e4 [0xe4008c0e] Serial 0x0029071c Comp ID: PNPb02f=20
>[0x2fb0d041]
>This is a SB16 PnP, but LDN 0 is disabled

Hi!

Well, the SB 64 has a structure which is a bit different to that of the
"old" cards like SB16 and SB16 pnp.

Even under Windoze 95, there are certain problems on several mobos
So I suspect that the driver simply has its difficulties.

Make sure that in BIOS the IRQs are routed correctly.

Also, as there should be some Intel ICU utility (on CD ), you should be
able to set the card in a "jumperless mode" and make configs by hand from a
DOS boot disk, then enter the values manually.

Regards
Olaf Hoyer
Olaf Hoyer   ICQ: 22838075       mailto: Olaf.Hoyer@nightfire.de
home: www.nightfire.de (The home of the burning CPU)

Wer mit Ungeheuern k=E4mpft, mag zusehn,=20
da=DF er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird.
Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund=20
auch in dich hinein.
(Friedrich Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und B=F6se)