Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 1995 17:45:35 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
To:        Jeff <jeffh@Cybernetics.NET>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: MBONE interfaces and snazzy install tools.

> What version of perl will ship with 2.1?  If it is version 5, then I will
> port Pearl Vision over to FreeBSD, which is a pretty slick pearl
> extension that puts dialog to shame (IMHO).

I don't think Perl5 is quite ready for prime-time, and although patch2
will be out RSN which may fix most of the remaining critical bugs it
would be unwise to rely on a tool that may/may not be stable.  Perl4
(the version in the tree) works and all of our stuff has been tested
with it.  Making that large of a change which many of the scripts and
such rely on at this stage of the game is not a good idea IMHO.

Maybe for 2.2 is someone wants to bmake it. (hint, hint)

Nate