Date:      Fri, 5 May 1995 12:20:39 -0700
From:      tim@gfmurray.com (Tim Barid)
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: slattach!!!!!!!

>>> I'd really like for slattach -r to work,
>>> who is most familiar with it? why does it break?
>>> who do I talkto about fixing it?
>>> -daveh@ntanet.net
>>
>>I am not sure what type of problem you are having, but it works
>>just fine for me:
>>
>>gndrsh# ps ax | grep slatt
>> 5221 p0  R+     0:00.01 grep slatt
>>   48 a1  IWs+   0:00.03 slattach -r dial /dev/cuaa1 ATDTxxxxxxx -c -h -u slco
>>

>He's using expect.  Ache was looking into this... at least I sent him a
>sample expect script to test it with.
>

>>--
>>Rod Grimes                                      rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com
>>Accurate Automation Company                   Custom computers for FreeBSD
>
>--
>Justin T. Gibbs
>TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1
>  Cory | Po | Danube | Volga | Parker | Torus

The use of expect in an automated login is interesting...
I have installed tcl 7.3 and expect 5.4...they both installed o.k. When I
attempt to run tclsh from the command line I receive an error:
ld.so: Undefined symbol "___main" called from tclsh:/usr/lib/libctl.s0.7.3
at 0x8038400
Expect seems to run from the command line however...
Any suggestions on how to address this error?   I understand that there are
some problems with ld.so ... any easy fixes?
Tim Baird
G.F. Murray Company

Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer