Date:      Sun, 2 Oct 2016 12:01:49 -0700
From:      Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
To:        "Montgomery-Smith, Stephen" <stephen@missouri.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: LICENSE questions

On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Montgomery-Smith, Stephen <
stephen@missouri.edu> wrote:

> So I have a couple of ports, science/cdf and graphics/opendx, which have
> licenses I can't find in Mk/bsd.licenses.db.mk.  How do I set LICENSE in
> those ports?
>
> An even tougher one is math/octave-forge-optim, where each individual
> file has its own license.

In my local directories , I am appending license name to directory names ,
for example ,

.../A_BSD
.../B_MIT
.../C_BSD_or_LGPL
.../D_BSD_see_Parts   <---------- This means it contains many different
licensed files although primary license is BSD . Such directories require
special care if ever any part is used from them .

I think , it is possible to adopt such definition conventions for the ports
.

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk