Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 2009 14:37:48 -0600
From:      Matt <datahead4@gmail.com>
To:        yuri@rawbw.com
Cc:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xorg-server-1.5.3 doesn; t work with nvidia driver: Undefined  symbol "miZeroLineScreenIndex"

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com> wrote:
> I upgraded my 71-PRERELEASE system and couldn't start xserver any more (see
> log below).
>
> googling this problem I found that many people had the same issue without
> the clear solution.
> "NVidia has to fix it's driver" is the solution,

Temporary workaround for this is to revert the
/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/libwfb.so file back to the version that
was installed with the xorg-server port (the nvidia-driver port
changes that file to a symlink to the nvidia version, and leaves the
original version backed up in the same directory).

This is obviously not a "fix" for the issue, but it does enable X to
start and glx to operate with the accelerated nvidia binary driver.
Native glxgears, KDE42 with compositing effects and Linux-emulated
OpenGL applications are all still working for me with the workaround.

Matt