Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 2008 16:28:24 +0100
From:      Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Daniel Roethlisberger <daniel@roe.ch>
Subject:   rrdtool 1.3.3 and dejavu dependency

Hello,

I have noted that the dependency in the subject has been added to the
rrdtool port.

This has the unfortunate effect of sucking in a libX11 dependency(others
too...) which was not before.

Maybe I'm an extremist, but I don't like having X11 pieces on headless
server machines, I really don't see a reson for that(it also triggers
some more ports on depending on them, since the configures find them...This
is annoying at least).

I don't want to look demanding, but I'd like to spell my thought, if
anybody cares to listen.

What is the reson for this added dependency?

I read the PR but don't really see such effects.. I'm using mrtg and
smokeping, with mrtg.cgi [1] and mailgraph.cgi. They all work fine,
mailgraph at least seems to use the functionality described in the PR.

Are we sure it isn't something else which is depending on dejavu?

Thank you for listening.

[1] http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kas/mrtg-rrd/

--
Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>