Date:      Sat, 01 Apr 2006 11:44:56 -0800
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcw@highperformance.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pare Down Dependencies from Gnome

I am having a hard time tracking down how some dependencies get hooked
into the gnome2 port.  I am looking for the equivalent of the NO_*
options in /usr/src/Makefile.inc1 if such a thing exists.

Where does one start if one wants to pare down gnome2 port dependencies?

Specifically, I would like to chop these dependencies out of gnome2:

evolution
heimdal
openldap22
samba-libsmbclient

Evolution has a RUN_DEPENDS dependency in the makefile but the others
don't appear in the gnome2 makefile.

The listed dependencies are a big hurking deal.  I don't use LDAP.  I
run MIT kerberos, which conflicts with Heimdal.  Simply building them in
would require extra work my part.  I was looking at installing various
gnome ports piece by piece rather than use the metaport but I still ran
into this problem when I got to gnomepanel.  I'd rather not build too
much extra stuff into gnome if I can help it.

Thanks,
Jason C. Wells