Date:      Thu, 09 Jan 1997 21:27:49 -0500
From:      Dan Cross <tenser@spitfire.ecsel.psu.edu>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        lyndon@esys.ca, moke@fools.ecpnet.com, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail running non-root SUCCESS

> > Perhaps I'm being naive here, but what's the pressure to stick with
> > sendmail?  Why not move to a more reliable and efficient MTA, like
> > Qmail?
>
> Please don't drag this one out _again_.  Go off and read the -security
> mail archive if you want the text of the discussion.
>
> BTW, Peter, where's that handbook entry you were going to write on
> Qmail?

I did, and unless I didn't search deeply enough, the questions raised
still seemed relatively unanswered.

It doesn't really make a difference; wether or not one uses qmail
or foomail is immaterial.  But I'd think that it would make more
sense to investigate another mailer before going off and reinventing
large chunks of sendmail.

Or, we could all go off and get copies of PMDF for FreeBSD.  :-) :-) :-)

	- Dan C.