Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:42:49 -0300
From:      Gonzalo Nemmi <gnemmi@gmail.com>
To:        Gavin Atkinson <gavin.atkinson@ury.york.ac.uk>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Various problems seen in RC1 (was: Re: tmux(1) in base)

On 9/22/09, Gavin Atkinson <gavin.atkinson@ury.york.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Sep 2009, Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:
>> Regarding your questions, yes I have reported them in one way or
>> another ...
>>
>> fwohci:
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/136946
>
> I believe this issue is being worked on, but it's not a simple problem to
> solve.

I understand .. that's why I offered my help to Sean in the reply.

>> atapicam:
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-July/009781.html
>> although the OP was Alexandre Kovalenko
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-July/009775.html
>> and then again:
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-August/010937.html
>> which has been kindly replied to today by Jaakko Heinonen (patch
>> included but not tested yet, I'm at work right now :s )
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-September/011858.html
>
> I hadn't remembered these reports, and there doesn't appear to be a PR
> about them (which is what I searched when suggesting that the issue
> hadn't been reported).

I actually never opened a PR about atapicam because (as you can see) I
sent as much info as I had at that time and nobody seemed to care, so
I thought maybe that was something you guys knew and were working on,
that's why I decided to wait until RC1 or so ..

Besides, the most serious problem that affects me is the bge(4) one,
and although I did file the proper PR, there's still no word about it,
so I though maybe opening another PR about atapicam made no sense.

The bge problem is the one I need to get fixed in order to be able to
run FreeBSD on my notebook on a daily basis =(

> If Jaakko Heinonen's patch doesn't work, it would be worth submitting a PR
> with as much detail as possible, so that this doesn't get missed again.

Will do. Right now I'm trying to debug the original vmcore (as Andriy
Gapon asked on a mail) in order to see what can be found there. I will
try Jaakko's patch once I'm done with the debugging =D

>> With all due respect Gavin, I've been doing that since I first bumped
>> into them back in June when I bought my notebook :s
>
> Indeed.  Apologies for suggesting otherwise.

Apologies accepted although there was no need for them .. no harm
done, no need to apologize ;)

Best Regards
Gonzalo