Date:      Mon, 3 Oct 2011 08:18:39 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6727@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Swfdec and gnash for playing Adobe Flash?

I built and installed both graphics/swfdec and swfdec-gnome, and graphics/gnash, and would like to know how to use swfdec to play some Flash content.

Some Flash videos run with gnash, including those on YouTube, but others just show a blank rectangle.

I wonder if swfdec-gnome can play anything that gnash can't, also see that swfdec-mozilla is not in ports.

I also get a blank rectangle on Flash content that is not a video, such as on meijer.shoplocal.com ads and freefilefillableforms.com .

I don't see why those sites use Flash, it seems like an unnecessary and useless annoyance.

Tom