Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 2002 15:11:52 +0200
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail 8.11.6 on 4.6-RELEASE

Eric Anderson wrote:

> What's the suggested way to go from 8.12.3 on 4.6-RELEASE to 8.11.6?  I tried
> the sendmail-old port, with installed, but didn't overwrite the base (will the
> OVERWRITE-BASE command to make work? if so, what exactly is the syntax?).

Overwriting the base will happen automaticly when your system don't have
"/etc/mail/mailer.conf" e.g. on FreeBSD 2.2.8.

or if you have make world with:
NO_MAILWRAPPER=true ein /etc/make.conf.
and deleted all the extra files.

Better:
Just install the port, then activate it in /etc/mail/mailer.conf

or let the ports activate itself:
/usr/ports/mail/sendmail-old# make mailer.conf

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]