Date:      Thu, 06 Mar 1997 17:24:08 +1000
From:      Hugh Blandford <hugh@island.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using userppp on a freebsd box as a server.

Hi all,

I'm hoping to use a freebsd box that has a permanent connection to the
net as a ppp server for one line until my terminal server arrives next
month.

When I read the man ppp page, it said that various things were required
to be done and then launches into a section on timeouts etc.  Where is
this all supposed to go?  Is it supposed to go in
/usr/local/bin/ppplogin?  Do I have to customise all the files in the
ppp directory?  I'm planning on using a static address for the dialing
in machine and naturally the server has a static address.  Does the
server need to run gated for the dialin machine to have access to the
net?

I know that this has no doubt been answered before but I cannot find the
answer amongst all the using freebsd to connect to machine x.

Regards,

Hugh.