Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:41:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sky McKinley <skym@pdx.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail problems

Hi.  I'm using sendmail as my mailer, and when I try and send mail I
get this message:

Jun 24 13:27:25 satellite sendmail[6233]: g5OKRPng006233: SYSERR(skym): collect: Cannot write ./dfg5OKRPng006233 (bfcommit, uid=1001, gid=25): Permission denied

which is a little annoying.  This problem goes away if I set the
permissions on /var/spool/mqueue to 777, but I am of course loathe to
do this.  Does sendmail need to be suid?  Do I need to pass extra
flags?  It looks like the process above which is trying to write has
gid 25, which is smmsp.  The /var/spool/mqueue file allows writing by
this group, so I don't understand.  Thanks in advance for any help.

- Sky.