Date:      Thu, 9 Jan 1997 07:33:29 +0100
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2-BETA(2?) on ftp.cdrom.com

As Charles Henrich wrote:

> Might I suggest that before we roll a 2.2-RELEASE it first runs on
> ftp.cdrom.com for a few weeks?  If there is any system that can
> verify an OS, its cdrom.com!

No chance.  wcarchive has to run a stable system, and nobody in his
right mind would even remotely believe 2.2 to be stable enough for
that purpose.  If it were, we would have skipped 2.1.6, be assured.

The costs to ``experiment'' in such a degree on wcarchive are IMHO too
high.  (David might correct me here, but i'm positive he's got the
same opinion. ;)

--
cheers, J"org