Date:      Tue, 01 Jun 1999 22:54:59 -0400
From:      Kenneth Legg <sce04020@mail.wvnet.edu>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   modems and ppp

My P.C. has only on serial port and my three button Logitech mouse is
using it. I just bough a external modem and would like to use it for
FreeBSD. I have a extra parallel port, can I hook the modem to it, or
should I buy a serial i/o card?

How many of the files in the /etc/ppp directory have to be edited to set
up ppp. How do you edit the files, make a copy and leave off the sample
at the end file and edit the copy? Example: copy  ppp.conf.sample to
ppp.conf and edit ppp.conf to my specs, leaving the original in tack.