Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2014 22:53:06 +0200
From:      Philipp Wuensche <cryx-freebsd@h3q.com>
To:        Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jailaudit and pkg

Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm not sure, but I might have find an unintended behaviour in jailaudit.
>
> I have a system which I have not yet migrated to pkgng (neither base nor
> any jail).
> However, pkg has been installed by the latest net-snmp upgrade (why I
> don't know).
>
> Now this is what I get:
>> # jailaudit generate
>>
>> Downloading a current audit database:
>> pkgng support enabled, using /usr/local/sbin/pkg version 1.2.7_2.
>>
>> pkg: No packages installed
>> pkg: No packages installed
>> pkg: No packages installed

jailaudit trys so get pkgng information from all jails running, this
message is coming from pkg not getting any information in those jails.

> AFAICT jailaudit sees the pkg port and thinks all jails have been
> converted to pkgng; this renders it useless for any jail which is still
> managed the old way.
> Of course I could be using pkgng in some jails and/or the base system;
> still it would not work for the other jails.
>
> Am I wrong? Is there a workaround?

jailaudit still sees the old-style packages in your jail. It is always
trying both package systems because (in some horrible way) they both can
coexist. So nothing is wrong and no workaround is needed!

Greetings,
Philipp