Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 1996 21:02:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Greg Hormann <ghormann@ns.kconline.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FBSD and ethernet

O.K.  I have been attempting to install a SMC 8146T card to work with my
FreeBSD system.  I am attempting to connect to a local network.

After doing all of the kernel configs, and configuring the card (in DOS,
with PnP off) and adding an a few ifconfig lines, I am still having
trouble.

After booting, I get messages that "/kernal: ed0 incorrect  packet size"

This system does use BOOTP servers.  Could this have something to do with
a BOOTP server? What else could  cause this problem.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg.
ghormann@indiana.edu

Greg Hormann                                          |      |    |
ghormann@indiana.edu                                  |      |    |
http://silver.ucs.indiana.edu/~ghormann/home.html     |.     \____/.