Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 2004 22:40:44 -0500
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI on Tyan Thunder K7

David O'Brien wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 07:52:37PM -0500, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
>
>>I have a Tyan Thunder K7 S2462 motherboard running its latest BIOS
>>(version 2.14).  ACPI simply does not work at all.
>

> Define "does not work at all".

Well as you can see from the ACPI error messages in dmesg (which is
included in my previous email) a lot of stuff isn't working.

But more than that, if I do "shutdown -p now" the computer does halt,
and then it switches off, but in a strange way - the fans are still
going, all the lights are on, but the video card stops working, and the
on/off button does nothing, even if I hold it down for several seconds.
  I have to press the reset button for it to start again.

Best Stephen