Date:      Thu, 28 May 1998 12:48:01 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Johann Visagie <wjv@cityip.co.za>
To:        ken@plutotech.com (Kenneth D. Merry)
Cc:        jmb@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vmailer and freebsd-chat

Kenneth D. Merry wrote:

> 	Never mind...I just figured it out.  The envelope header is
> different.  Now it's From majordom@freebsd.org, before it was
> owner-freebsd-chat@freebsd.org.

The same thing also broke my exim filter.  Exim encapsulates the envelope
"From" header in a variable which it names $sender_address.  This is often
the best thing to filter on.

It's a small matter, though - if one filters mailing lists one has to expect
to adapt one's filters now and again.  :-)

-- V

Johann Visagie | Email: wjv@CityIP.co.za | Tel: +27 21 419-7878