Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 07:21:54 +0200
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Christian_Sch=FCler?= <cschueler@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libSDL and FreeBSD

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 12:40:42AM +0200, Christian Schüler wrote:
> The SDL package that is in the ports collection causes me headaches:
>
> - The filename says it is SDL 1.2.0 but installes into a directory called
> SDL11 and comes with SDL11 documentation...

That the docs are for SDL1.1 *is* strange - but I can assure you that the
library is SDL-1.2.0:

[stijn@firsa] </usr/ports/devel/sdl12> make -V PORTVERSION
1.2.0

> - I can't compile a particular SDL game it says the script "sdl-config" is
> missing, and it really is missing ("sdl-config" is supposed to give compiler
> options to makefiles for where headers and libraries are installed)

This is because in FreeBSD, this script is named differently, namely
sdl11-config.

Try and do a

export SDL_CONFIG=/usr/local/bin/sdl11-config

before running the configure script of that particular game. If that doesn't
work, try manually editing the script and change sdl-config into sdl11-config.

--Stijn

--
I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence.
There's a knob called `brightness', but it doesn't work."