Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 1998 16:02:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      b <bryanw@666.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   xlock font is broken

Hi,

I'd greatly appreciate any help on fixing the below problem.

When I invoke xlock on its own, with its default font, the font is not
showing up properly.

I invoke xlock, then press ENTER to bring up the dialog which
asks for the password.   Instead of where the text would normally
be, there are just long, horizontal white bars, with very faint
yellow text on top.

It seems there is a configuration error somewhere, and I'm not sure where
it is.  I was wondering if anyone had any idea?

I have installed FreeBSD at work and at home.  For some reason, this
install at work is a little wanky in this respect.. (at home I am
using 2.2.6 STABLE, at work, 3.0-980523-SNAP.)  The install at home
is fine.

Any tips?  Much appreciated!  For now I am just using xlock with a different
font.

thanks,