Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 2004 02:00:04 -0500
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Console patch part II...

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 10:45:41PM -0800, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> Your patch looks like a big kluge. Mostly because you're delaying
> cninit() and hardcode a dependency on ofw_console. That sure breaks
> my box and I'm not going to add ofw_console simply because I
> already have a console (using uart(4)).

Do you know what happens if you call panic() before cninit()?  The
reason I tried the big kluge was that I haven't been able to
successfully move enough of what seem to be the pre-requisites to
cninit() to before the first spot panic() gets called.  If panic()
can be called before cninit() gets run then moving stuff around might
be easier.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu