Date:      Tue, 9 Sep 2008 15:12:48 -0400
From:      "Linda Messerschmidt" <linda.messerschmidt@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Local patches to ports?

Hello,
We use Apache 1.3 on FreeBSD and for a long time, we have maintained our own
build process separate from the ports collection because we have some local
patches.

These are accounting patches, of interest to no one but us, so I have no
chance of getting anyone upstream to ever adopt them, but they are very
important to us.

After our last upgrade to 7-STABLE (7.1-PRERELEASE) our local build process
started producing broken binaries but the port has patches and one of them
makes it work.  So, this seems like a good time to replace our build process
with the ports collection.

What's the best way to preserve our local patches and our custom
configuration flags, and get them to apply to each new update of the port?

Thanks!

-LM