Date:      Mon, 1 Oct 2001 20:35:04 -0700
From:      Danny Howard <dannyman@toldme.com>
To:        Jasper O'Malley <jooji@nickelkid.com>
Cc:        Jason <jason@jason-n3xt.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disklabel Mistake

On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 01:24:52PM -0400, Jasper O'Malley wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Jason wrote:
>
> > I made a error in labling a slice during installation of FreeBSD.  I know
> > it's a stupid thing, but I did it.
> >
> > I labled a slice (ad1s1g) /htpp when it should be /http.
>
> Actually, ad1s1g is a FreeBSD "partition," not a "slice." The "slice" is
> ad1s1 (which is a disk "partition" in the Linux/DOS world; confused
> yet? ;).

If you think you know what's going on, review fdisk(8):

     Throughout this man page, the term `partition' is used where it
     should actually be `slice', in order to conform with the terms used
     elsewhere.

It makes one relieved at not having any pending FreeBSD installs. :)

-danny

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com/