Date:      Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:08:47 -0400
From:      Alec Berryman <alec@thened.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: apache21 port

--DocE+STaALJfprDB

Jack L. on 2005-08-13 23:32:44 -0700:

> Can you make it so the apache21 port doesn't overwrite=20
> /usr/local/www/data/index.html if one exists. It wiped out my website wit=
h=20
> "It Works" when I reinstalled it and it shouldn't. Thanks.

It actually wiped /usr/local/www/data-dist - by default
/usr/local/www/data is a symlink to /usr/local/www/data-dist, and I
bet you didn't remove the symlink and create a new data directory.

It isn't particularly obvious and I was lucky to catch it before it
bit me.

--DocE+STaALJfprDB

--DocE+STaALJfprDB--