Date:      Wed, 5 May 2010 21:20:19 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   dont think much of pcbsd.....

maybe i need to reboot the ThinkPad, but i can't find and d/load
zsh and many other of our std ports.  no ff3, no evo or kmail.
not much there-there.  at least from what i see right now.
oh-yeah, and the festival stuff, too.

oh, and no ssh configured by default.  pc-bsd has a well thought
out pbi, but that's about all i see.   i am planning to build my
own, open src tabler-with-keyboard along with my vim and other
tts tools.  it would run on the new A9's that will be out by fall.

would be be a MAJOR undertaking to try this pbi thing on our real
OS.   i may be [[or seriously am]] biased after having run this
since 2.0.5, but we've got the best system around.

gary

--
 Gary Kline  kline@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
    The 7.83a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php