Date:      30 Jan 1997 12:25:35 +0000
From:      Simon Marlow <simonm@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ensoniq SoundScape

"David E. Cross" <dec@phoenix.its.rpi.edu> writes:

> Has anyone gotten this card to work under FreeBSD?  If so, could you give me
> a hand (I think I am close, just missing that one last step)

You can get it to work as a soundblaster - this is the best I've
managed.

The trick is to get the PnP parameters set up right.  I did this by
booting Win95 and then booting FreeBSD using the fbsdboot program, but
you could probably use the PnP code that's floating around somewhere
(I forget where, search the mail archives).

There is a soundscape driver in the kernel, but it seems to be
experimental/out-of-date.  When I finally got it to compile, it failed
to recognise the card.

Cheers,
	Simon

--