Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:14:50 -0500
From:      Carl Schmidt <carl@DASANI.citrustech.net>
To:        "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr@watson.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgrading from 5.0-RELEASE to -CURRENT on sparc64

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 02:46:21PM -0500, Andrew R. Reiter wrote:
> I have a u60 (mp) and installed 5.0-RELEASE with the miniinst iso.  I am
> trying to buildworld, but am receiving:
[snip]

> ... I did not script(1) this so I dont have a further backtrace (so to
> speak).  I can produce one if requested.
>
> Anyone have any thoughts?  Or am I being a fool linking /usr/obj ->
> /work/obj and building world in /work/arrwrk/src/ ?

I had the same problem but on x86.  My solution was to manually re-
build world.  I started out by building the libraries and then running
a make includes after moving the old /usr/include out of the way.
Then I built everything in gnu from the top level (/usr/src/gnu).  I
installed it all of course and then I ran a buildworld and it was fine
afterwards.  I can offer no explanation as to what was broken though:
I didn't care at the time - I only cared about making it work.
--
Carl Schmidt