Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:40:48 -0500
From:      Marty Landman <MLandman@face2interface.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to install a different sub-release from the port

At 03:43 PM 1/15/2005, Frank Staals wrote:

>You can install a newer release of apache by upgrading your portstree and
>than compiling it again ( use cvsup for the upgrading part:
>http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html )

I'm going to learn to use cvsup.

>if you want to compile the exact version without the ports ( the linux way
>) than you have to download the sourcecode from www.apache.org extract it,
>run a ./configure && make && make install to install

This didn't work for me for some reason. I'm not going to pursue it right
now, it might bite me along the way though so we'll see.

>btw. why don't you use apache-2 ?

I use 2 for my windows boxes but 1.3 is, afaik the most commonly used
version on nix boxes.

Thanks Frank.

Marty

Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387
Search & Sort Easily: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml
Web Installed Formmail: http://face2interface.com/formINSTal