Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:56:04 +0200
From:      Hans Nieser <h.nieser@xs4all.nl>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: testers wanted: problem with combining characters

Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 10/10/2006 18:33 Hans Nieser said the following:
>> It looks ok in Firefox, when I paste it into a GTK+ input box it puts the
>> stress on the first character after the first 'reverse R'.
>>
>> In gedit it shows a whitespace after the first 'reverse R' and puts the
>> stress up there.
>>
>> I get this on both my Gentoo and FreeBSD machine running Gnome 2.16.1.
>
> Hans,
>
> thank you!
> But given that the behavior is dependent on font used, could you please
> double-check that you indeed have 'Bitstream Vera Sans' set in gedit ?
> Could you please also try Arial from webfonts to see if there is any
> difference ?
>
> Thank you again.

Ahh, yeah in gedit I was using Bitstream Vera Mono before, with sans it
puts the stress on the first character after the first 'reverse R' just
like the GTK+ input boxes (which makes sense because I also use Bitstream
Vera Sans as application/GTK+ font).

It appears to look ok with Arial (i.e. the stress is placed above the
first 'reverse R' character.