Date:      Sat, 01 Mar 2008 20:46:37 -0500
From:      "E. J. Cerejo" <ejcerejo@optonline.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Evolution crawls on FreeBSD

On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 19:20:47 -0500
Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-03-01 at 19:12 -0500, E. J. Cerejo wrote:
> > On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 18:50:53 -0500
> > Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com> wrote:

> > > This has been discussed on this mailing list before.  The number of
> > > plug-ins enabled in Evo slows down the load time as the loader is
> > > spinning trying to load each plug-in.  You should disable all unneeded
> > > plug-ins.
> > >
> > > Joe
> > >
> > > --
> > > PGP Key : http://www.marcuscom.com/pgp.asc
> >
> > Plug-ins don't seem to have an effect when running it on ubuntu, all the plug-ins are enabled under ubuntu and still starts in 3 seconds.  Are you trying to say that the FreeBSD loader is kind of primitive comparing to the linux loader?
>
> No.  I'm saying that the tasks the FreeBSD loader performs takes longer
> than the ones performed by the Linux loader.

Well, I disabled all the plugins and still takes 40 seconds to open that's a lot longer than linux with all the plugins enabled.  As far I'm concerned evolution is out of my list of programs, I still have my doubts about the real reason as to why it takes so long to open.  In reality there's no real reason as to why a program will take so long to open, if that's the case evolution will loose a lot of users in the FreeBSD community.