Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:30:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      George Mitchell <george@m5p.com>
To:        george+freebsd@m5p.com, mark@remotelab.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nForce3

> For AGP problem you could try AGP gart included in the
> nvidia-driver port in place of FreeBSD AGP gart.

This turns out to be a step backwards.  After recompiling my kernel
without "device agp" and booting with "nvidia_load="YES"", I get
these messages from the boot process:

nivida0: Unable to allocate NVIDIA memory resource.
device_probe_and_attach: nvidia0 attach returned 6
nvidia0: <Unknown> at device 1.0 on pci0
nvidia0: Unable to allocate NVIDIA register resource.
device_probe_and_attach: nvidia0 attach returned 6
nvidia0: <Unknown> at device 10.0 on pci0
nvidia0: Unable to allocate NVIDIA register resource.
device_probe_and_attach: nvidia0 attach returned 6
nvidia0: <Unknown> at device 11.0 on pci0
nvidia0: Unable to allocate NVIDIA register resource.
device_probe_and_attach: nvidia0 attach returned 6

... at which point my rl0 does not work and the machine is pretty
useless.  I think there is something funny about the whole Compaq
R3000 series; Nvidia's driver does not work even under Windows 98
(though it's fine under Windows XP).                -- George