Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 1995 18:55:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        dleeds@eagle.ais.net (Daniel Leeds)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ultrastor 34f

> Hiya!
>
> I want to know if the ultrastor 34f controller (scsi-2) VL will work with
> freebsd, I heard it does, but want to know if it is stable and works
> well before I buy it.

The Ultrastor 34F does work, it is stable, it does have the nasty habit
of causeing high interrupt latency as it seems to grab the bus for long
periods of time.

Utrastor is also out of business, so if you are buying one get a real
good deal on it.

If any one wants one of these I will gladly sell mine for $150.00 as
it see's very limited use any more since I have converted almost all
of my systems to PCI (I use it to test VL bus mastering slots, but I
have Bt445C's for that now).

This is the full kit with all the software and I'll through in a brand
new 2 drive cable.  You pay UPS ground shipping, should be <$10.00 to
anyplace in the states.