Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 13:31:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, rivers@dignus.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XF86 sources?

> > After the install is finished, I don't seem to be
> > able to locate the XF86 sources on the installed
> > machine.
>
> I sometimes have room to fit those on and sometimes not.  I sort of
> treat them as optional since the XFree86 port can be easily used to
> fetch and build same.
>
> - Jordan

 In general, I agree...

 But, as an isolated counter-example; I need to rebuild XF86 3.3.5
 to test a fix for my particular setup.

 And, I'm not very connected to the net - so, I think "I'll just
 get the CDROMs - that's why I bought them..."

 But, then I'm surprised to find the source not there.

 I'm *not* advocating a change in what you do - I can easily understand,
 and my situation is not at all common... just thought I would
 explain my surprise.

 Perhaps if the sources are not on the CD, the install shouldn't
 present the user with an option to install them?

	- Just some thoughts -
	  - Dave Rivers -