Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 22:51:32 -0700
From:      John Merryweather Cooper <jmcoopr@webmail.bmi.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        John Merryweather Cooper <jmcoopr@webmail.bmi.net>, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, FreeBSD-STABLE <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   WAS Re: "make world" broken in kerberosIV--now it's sendmail and the FAQ

On 2001.05.31 21:54 Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 12:27:02PM -0700, John Merryweather Cooper
> wrote:
>
> > > Did you read the FAQ?
> > >
> > > Kris
> > >

> > Yes.
> >
> > I haven't changed my configuration in several months (since I got it
> > working).  Just in the past few days though, FreeBSD.org won't
> accept my
> > mail from Balsa if I send it through sendmail (but it works fine if
> > tell Balsa to send it direct to the remote smtp).
>
> I repeat; did you read, analyse, and discount, the FAQ entry about
> this?
>
> Kris

Yes to all of above except "discount."  :)  I note only that everything
worked perfectly until Tuesday of this week, and then "bang" sendmail
works no more.  At worst, only a minor irritation, since Balsa works
fine bypassing sendmail and sending directly to my ISP.  Since
everything worked just fine, there was nothing to discount.  Now, it
works fine with a different configuration of Balsa (but not of sendmail,
which is now bypassed).

I'm sure there's a point in this, I'm just too dense to grasp it.  :)

jmc