Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 2001 19:27:11 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        dan@langille.org
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: laptops - perhaps DELL

"Dan Langille" writes:
> I lusted over Murray Stokely's laptop at BSDCon 2000.   He loaned it to
> me so I could convert my FreshPorts presentation from PowerPoint to,
> ummm, whatever it was that came with Star Office.  It was a fine looking
> screen and seemed quite solid.  Murray just pointed me at:

I've been lusting for a laptop too. Then decided a 500 MHz 256MB 20G
Apple Powerbook G3 for $2200 was a killer deal. Ordered one the first
week of January to learn a week later that Apple had depleted all
inventory of that model. Declined a 400 MHz for $2000 but got in line
for a Titanium G4 400 MHz for $2600. Still waiting. The original ETA
was Feb 5. Dealers are just now getting their first demo units.

Expect MacOS X will be the next best thing to Genuine BSD.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net