Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 00:11:51 -0600
From:      Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>
To:        Alex Toushek <toushek@canadiangeneral.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What is going on?

Alex Toushek (toushek@canadiangeneral.com) wrote:

> I am getting the same error on a machine I built about 6 months ago and on
> one I just built, both have FreeBSD 4.0 on them.
> The error is /kernel: psmintr: out of sync (0000 != 0008) .
> What is it and how do I fix it, I built the new machine to get rid of that
> error cause I though it was something I did wrong?

I occasionally start getting this message on boot. If I see it, I
reboot my machine, and it goes away! I believe this problem is
listed as a "Current FreeBSD Problem Report" on the web site.

Refer to: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=16969

My problematic box is an Asus A7V running 4.2-STABLE

--
Christopher Farley
Northern Brewer / 1150 Grand Avenue / St. Paul, MN 55105