Date:      Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:37:05 +0930
From:      David H <untg99@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RC 6.0RC1 Install, USB keyboard not working/supported?

On version 5.1 of Freebsd when I installed it I had to choose the boot with
USB keyboard option. I installed 6.0 RC1 last night and no option came for
me, so it just booted up and the computer basically froze at the install
screen with no keyboard support, is there a way around this?
I had the same problem about two years ago with a USB keyboard and I though=
this might be fixed by now!
 Anyways, after plugging in a ps2 mouse from another computer I got FreeBSD
6.0 installed, that was all good. Now when I boot up, NEITHER keyboard
works! It recognises my USB one and says it's a logitech and everything
but............it just doesn't work.
The PS2 one give s bit more hope in that I can press enter at the boot
screen where it counts down ten seconds or something but after that it
doesn't work, I cannot log in on the console.
My mouse works perfectly though!
Does anyone know how to
a) Install Freebsd 6.0 with a USB keyboard
b) Get my PS2 one working (and why the heck it would have just stopped
working...)
 Thanks in advance...