Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 1999 14:08:14 +0930 (CST)
From:      Gregory Lewis <glewis@dartagnan.maths.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jschwab@royal.net (Jason L. Schwab)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATAPI cdr's

> Does freebsd support atapi cdr's? I have mkisofs and cdrecord all
> installed and stuff but i can't figure out how to use it with my
> ATAPI cdr...

ATAPI writers aren't supported via the cdrecord port at present, only SCSI.
People have, however, reported success using the scripts in
/usr/share/examples/atapi/ with their ATAPI writers.  You might want to
check out those scripts and man pages for the appropriate programs.  I
believe the correct device to use with the scripts is acd0c, e.g. you
should do "burndata acd0c iso9660.image" (where iso9660.image is replaced
by the name of the image you want to burn).

I'll probably be trying this myself in a couple of days when I get time
to go buy some blanks :).

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 3237