Date:      Tue, 14 Feb 2006 06:47:45 -0600 (CST)
From:      Sergey Babkin <babkin@verizon.net>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>, scottl@samsco.org
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: NTFS write support

>From: "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>

>In message: <43EFF3E2.90001@samsco.org>
>            Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org> writes:
>: Sergey Babkin wrote:

>: I'm pretty sure that Microsoft makes the technical details available
>: for NTFS, either from their website or from one of their DDKs.  The
>: hardest part is probably in dealing with their journal.

Well, looks like they send the DDK for $15. I've
ordered one, we'll see what's inside it. Does not
seem to be much useful information on their web site.

>There's at least one book on the structure of ntfs.  I used to have a
>copy, but I can't find it anymore...  But the book wasn't enough to do
>an implementation...

Ah, good to know that it's not worth wasting $180.
It's out of print by now, and also they've updated
the NTFS format sinc ethe book was written.

-SB