Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 1997 07:32:01 -0700
From:      "Jin Guojun[ITG]" <jin@george.lbl.gov>
To:        smp@csn.net
Cc:        brian@mpress.com, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ASUS P/I-P65UP5 + C-P55T2D dual Pentium MB

}> >> Has any one successfully installed FreeBSD on an ASUS P/I-P65UP5 dual Penti
}um
}> >> motherboard with C-P55T2D (two 200 MHz Pentium CPU) daughter board?
}>  ...
}> The motherboards are OK. The problems are in the 3.0-SNAP.
}> I have filed a few bugs reports which cause kernel crash.
}>
}> One is the "dumps on wd0".
}
}is this an SMP specific problem?  I had the same problem with SMP and
}"dumps on sd0", never tried it on UP.

This is 3.0 specific problem at SMP mode.

}---
}> The other one is weired, use NCR SCSI controllers, add two Quantum Fireball
}> 3.2 GB SCSI disk drives, the installation works fine. Adding three or more
}> such disk drives, installation boot process crashes before switch to the
}> Welcome FreeBSD menu. What I believe is that crashes at same place when
}> the "dumps on wd0" is used. So, they may be related problem.
}
}again, SMP specific?

This is dual Pentium problem. It happenes on 2.2.2 and 3.0-SNAP. 2.2.1 and 2.1.7
works OK.

}---
}> Also, fopen/freopen failed on 3.0-SNAP in many cases.
}
}UP, SMP, both?
}

3.0 specific problem only. It is regardless # of CPUs or SMP.

-Jin