Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 1996 10:09:56 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Cc:        randy@zyzzyva.com (Randy Terbush)
Subject:   Re: IDE install

As Randy Terbush wrote:

> My next question is "how do I get these new boot blocks on without
> doing this again?".

Pick disklabel(8) from -current.  I've made it understand about fdisk
tables.  The cases where it's still clobbering the fdisk table are
documented in the man page.  Basically, a simple ``disklabel -B sd0''
will work.

If you decided to not chose the ``dangerously dedicated'' layout again
at time of reinstallation, you don't need to do anything.  The BSD
disklabel and the fdisk table are different then.  They are only
identical for the ``dangerously dedicated'' case, where the BSD
bootstrap serves as master boot record.

--
cheers, J"org