Date:      Sun, 20 Jul 1997 17:57:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Leonard <leonardc9@usa.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: inetd in realloc(): warning: junk pointer, too low to make  sense.

On Sun, 20 Jul 1997, Leonard wrote:

> >inetd in realloc(): warning: junk pointer, too low to make sense.
>
> I got this message after trying to FTP in to my machine from another
> computer on the LAN and kept failing.  Strangely, I got this message while
> telnetting in to find out the cause.  Can anyone tell me what this means?

This is a message from the system malloc library saying that it may be
getting invalid pointers.  This is usually caused by programming errors,
but it's interesting to see inetd spitting these out.  You might check
your inetd.conf and make sure it's properly formatted.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo