Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:35:37 +0000
From:      Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Design a journalled file system

Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com> wrote:

>Please compare sections 11 and 12 of the GPL with the BSD
>liability disclaimer, in the context of section 6 sentence 3
>of the GPL ("You may not impose further restrictions...").

Hmm, well I fail to spot the differences but then IANAL.

>Realize also that not all of FreeBSD is under the 3 clause
>license, and that embedded systems manufacturers frequently
>licensedrivers for which source can not be legally distributed
>to third parties (which would put the code in violation of
>section 6 sentence 2 of the GPL).

Well they have that problem anyway. I was talking purely about linking
BSD and GPL code because of your comment about "the GPL disallowing
distribution of the code with non-GPL'ed code" which AFAIK is wrong.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch    fanf@covalent.net    dot@dotat.at
CROMARTY: NORTH 5 TO 7. SNOW SHOWERS. GOOD.