Date:      Mon, 01 Jul 2002 18:40:33 -0600
From:      Stewarts <stew71@ix.netcom.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, makosharktooth@netzero.net
Subject:   BSD - Wireless Linksys WDT11/WPC11 PCI combo

Hello!

This is probably a question that get's asked regularly, but I couldn't
seem to find an answer in the archives.  My question should be simple,
and I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I am trying to use the Linksys Wireless card (WPC11) and it's pci
adapter (WDT11).  FreeBSD 4.2 through 4.4, when the kernel had the
proper code changes, properly detected the card but returned the
following error:

wi0: No I/O Space?!

Stock 4.6 kernel (i386) got to the same point.  My question is : how do
I go about getting the card functioning to where I can ifconfig it?  I
was reading a message on the freebsd-mobile list where someone just
disabled some pci devices, but I'm not sure where they were doing the
disabling (kernel/BIOS/removing the card/etc.), or what settings I
need.  Is someone out there who has successfully connected in 4.6 with
the Linksys cards, and who would be willing to just point me in the
right direction?

Joe Lewis